Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Google Firefox Extensions

I have now installed Google Firefox Extensions on my Firefox 1.5. It has been working as expected for over 10 minutes now. The first thing I did was turn off all the privacy intrusion stuff. But I had to try the PageRank meter, because that was what I was really interested in. I guess it has its' privacy issues as well.

Interestingly enough, the Firefox extension can replace the ordinary Firefox search box. I did not try that.

Although this Firefox extension is not in any way coded for the Linux platform, but for the Firefox as a platform, it should work just fine where you run your Firefox. By the way, this plugin was kind enough to offer me to blog "this page" directly to my blogger.com-account.

Now, where can I find more Google applications for Linux?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though the extensions are coded for Firefox, Linux users get a different version of the extension than Windows users do.

Amy Soukenka said...

wine is native there is no emulation. It will run just the same with or without wine.